Poor guys get left out of a lot of our planning when scouring through websites. Until there’s maybe 2-3 months left planning and we remember that maybe we want them to show up in more than underwear and socks. I thought I would share 5 of my favorite groom and groomsmen suit and tie or tuxedo favorites with you for a little inspiration when coordinating the guys outfits.
1) The Blue Suit. Clean, simple, and great if he may ever need a blue suit for an interview in the future. It’s always a good idea for him to have a good suit in his closet, so why not make that investment work for your wedding, too?
2) Vest and long tie. This is perfect for a southern theme in the country. Not quite as heavy as a suit and you can add elements such as boots, unique boutonnieres, and a shirt with some pattern to mix it up. Another great way to use your wedding colors!
3) Fact. The guys get hot. Fact. Guys who are hot get cranky. Fast. This bride had that forethought on this HOT summer day wedding and let the guys off the hook with the jackets. Well.. some of them. The groom wore his jacket and vest for photos and ceremony, then he was able to remove the jacket so he could cool down. This worked really well for her outdoor wedding!
4) The grey tux has become the first pick for most brides. It is versatile for day to evening weddings and compliments the bride and bridesmaids just as well as a black tux.
5) I. Love. This. Mix and Match! I had to save the best for last. The guys here each had their own suit and simply coordinated their shirts and bought their favorite style of tie to wear. Such a great option if you are looking to maximize your budget or if you are looking to have a vintage wedding but can’t find the right tux/suit match. Making sure that the details follow with your theme, they type and color of suits can vary and still create a unified look.